Join the Girls in the Game team!
Join the Girls in the Game team through a variety of full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship opportunities that help empower girls to succeed.
Chicago Part-time Coach (Paid)
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
- Assist in the instruction of the after-school and programming held at multiple sites throughout the city
- Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
- Attend coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
- Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
- Experience working in a nonprofit, preferably with youth or girls
- Some college coursework, preferably in a health or related field
- Strong commitment to promoting positive change in the lives of girls
- Comfortable and committed to working with participants and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Regular travel to sites and off-site meetings required, car preferred
- Sports experience a plus, but not a requirement
Click here to see the full part-time Coach position. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to HR at email@example.com.
Girls in the Game has one Up2Us-affiliated position available and seeks energetic, driven applicants who have experience working with youth to:
- Co-lead programming at sites throughout Chicago
- Chaperone one Saturday activity each month
- Attend bi-weekly coaches’ training meetings
- Organize program materials and equipment, and assist with other special projects as available, and
- Communicate with girls, parents/guardians and site contacts
- Girls in the Game needs applicants who can start in September.
- Experience working with youth and leading groups required
- Some college coursework in health, education or related field preferred
- Athletic ability is not required, but applicants must be able to learn and demonstrate the basic skills of multiple sports and fitness activities.
- Must be able to travel regularly to sites throughout Chicago, preferably by car
- Available to work at least two afternoons per week from September 2018-September 2019
Click here to see the full Up2Us Coach position. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-lead weekly programming for 25 girls on-site at a Chicago school, community center or park district; recruit program participants; attend intensive best practices and curriculum training. Each program requires 3 hours for planning, program facilitation and pick-up. We ask all volunteers to commit to a 10-week session of programming.
- Experience leading groups of children/youth
- Sports, health or leadership instruction experience strongly preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
- A desire to learn new skills and work on a variety of projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Available to work volunteer once a week, for 3 hours per week.
Note: Though this position is unpaid, students can use the hours for required internship hours if their school agrees.
Click here to see the full Volunteer Coach position. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to HR at email@example.com.
Multimedia Production Marketing Intern
The Multimedia Production Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator on grassroots video production methods using mobile technology to develop snackable video content to share on social media platforms and through email campaigns as well as develop amplification methods for video content.
Girls in the Game continuously strives to share their mission and values in all areas of marketing, and videos will focus on their various programs and highlight participants and staff at the organization
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time Multimedia Production Marketing Intern to do the following:
- Create five short 1-3 minute videos optimized for social media
- Record interviews with current participants and staff members for marketing purposes
- Develop one longer video, 3-5 minutes, of evergreen content
Click here to see the full Multimedia Production Marketing Intern position. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org.