Girls in the Game seeks a creative and detail-oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills to join its team as the Grants Coordinator. In general, the Grants Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Development Director in the implementation of the organization’s revenue and development plan, with a specific focus on foundation, corporate and government grant relations, funder communications and stewardship.
Girls in the Game is seeking a full-time Grants Coordinator to do the following:
- Lead development and maintenance of the grants calendar in all markets, serving as the point of contact for other staff involved, deadlines, report due dates and renewal procedures
- Explore new opportunities for government grant funding
- Conduct prospect research to pursue new sources of funding and/or in-kind donations in all markets, and assist in the creation and submission of letters of inquiry and proposals for potential funders
- Meet regularly with program staff to update on funding requirements, obtain information for progress reports and exchange information to directly enhance program operations and revenue support
- Coordinate and attend funder-related site visits and related meetings
- Manage database, systems and record-keeping procedures to identify and track current and potential donors and to record, report, acknowledge and steward all gifts
- Oversee stewardship and recognition programs for funders
- Oversee and manage interns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission of Girls in the Game
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years grant writing experience
- Experience with government grants and/or multi-year grants a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer environments, e.g. Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
The starting yearly salary for this position is $38,000.
Click here to see the full Grants Coordinator position. To apply, send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Coach (Paid)
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
- Assist in the instruction of the after-school and programming held at multiple sites throughout the city
- Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
- Attend coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
- Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
- Experience working in a nonprofit, preferably with youth or girls
- Some college coursework, preferably in a health or related field
- Strong commitment to promoting positive change in the lives of girls
- Comfortable and committed to working with participants and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Regular travel to sites and off-site meetings required, car preferred
- Sports experience a plus, but not a requirement
Click here to see the full part-time Coach position. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Beth at email@example.com.
Co-lead weekly programming for 25 girls on-site at a Chicago school, community center or park district; recruit program participants; attend intensive best practices and curriculum training. Each program requires 3 hours for planning, program facilitation and pick-up. We ask all volunteers to commit to a 10-week session of programming.
- Experience leading groups of children/youth
- Sports, health or leadership instruction experience strongly preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
- A desire to learn new skills and work on a variety of projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Available to work volunteer once a week, for 3 hours per week.
Note: Though this position is unpaid, students can use the hours for required internship hours if their school agrees.
Click here to see the full Volunteer Coach position. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Coordinator (Year of Service)
Our After School program operates in over 30 schools and parks throughout Chicago, and follows a set curriculum covering sports and fitness, health, and leadership development. The After School Coordinator will coach our After School program 4-5 days per week and serve as the main contact and coordinator for up to 5 sites. Curriculum rotates regularly to expose girls to a wide variety of sports and fitness opportunities. Each site operates once a week for 90 minutes and serves an average of 25 girls. All sites have two coaches. The After School Coordinator is a full-time service corps volunteer with a year-long contract beginning in the fall of 2018.
Girls in the Game is seeking a Coordinator who will
- Coach 4-5 afternoons per week
- Recruit participants
- Communicate with girls, parents/guardians and site contacts to ensure an 80 percent attendance rate and enrollment of 25-30 participants at each site
- Support coaches at assigned sites
- Be a regular presence at assigned sites to ensure program quality
- Record enrollment and attendance for assigned sites
- Assist with equipment inventory and distribution as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Click here to see the full After School Coordinator position. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Beth Tumiel at email@example.com.
Multimedia Production Marketing Intern
The Multimedia Production Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator on grassroots video production methods using mobile technology to develop snackable video content to share on social media platforms and through email campaigns as well as develop amplification methods for video content.
Girls in the Game always strives to share their mission and values in all areas of marketing, and videos will focus on their various programs and highlight participants and staff at the organization
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time Multimedia Production Marketing Intern to do the following:
- Create five short 1-3 minute videos optimized for social media
- Record interviews with current participants and staff members for marketing purposes
- Develop one longer video, 3-5 minutes, of evergreen content
Click here to see the full Multimedia Production Marketing Intern position. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.