Part-Time Coach, Coach Across America
The coach would help support our programs by coaching at 1-3 After School sites and supporting our Teen and Game Day Programs. The coach would be compensated for 900 hours of work between August 2017 and August 2018. The coach will also receive an education stipend after their service. The coach would work with the hiring manager to determine days and hours of work. There is flexibility for the coach to work fewer hours during the school year and more hours during the summer months. The coach must be available to attend all CAA and Girls in the Game training. The coach must also be available during after-school time at least two days per week during the school year.
Girls in the Game has two part-time Coach Across America affiliated positions available, and seeks energetic, driven applicants who have experience working with youth to:
• Co-lead programming at sites throughout Chicago
• Chaperone one Saturday activity each month
• Attend bi-weekly coaches’ training meetings
• Organize program materials and equipment, and assist with other special projects as available, and
• Communicate with girls, parents/guardians and site contacts
Click here to see the full Coach Across America position & apply to join our team.
Part-Time Program Coach
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
- Assist in the instruction of the after-school and weekend programming held at multiple sites throughout the city
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication with schools/youth centers, coaches and volunteers · Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
- Help to coordinate and chaperone regular weekend activities, bringing together all schools/sites
- Attend weekly coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
- Participate in the evaluation of the Girls in the Game Elementary program
- Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
Click here to see the full Part-Time Program Coach position & apply to join our team.
After School Intern (2017-2018)
Interns co-lead weekly programming for 25 girls on-site at a Chicago school, community center or park district. After School interns recruit program participants, engage parents/guardians and family members, and attend intensive best practices and curriculum training one to three times per year. As schedule allows, interns attend two coaches’ meetings per month, assist with enrollment and attendance recording, assist with program evaluation and chaperone occasional Saturday field trips.
Full academic year applicants are preferred, but semester long internships are available. For Fall 2017 internships, applications will be accepted until August 20th, 2017. Spring 2018 applications will be accepted until December 10th, 2017.
Click here to see the full After School Intern position & apply to join our team.