There are many ways you can join our team. From career opportunities to internships to one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities, we’d love for you to get in the game. Be sure to check our website regularly for updated opportunities.
Girls in the Game Elementary is an innovative citywide collaborative that uses sports and fitness, health and nutrition education and leadership and life-skills development to improve the overall physical health and emotional well-being of elementary-school girls. The 30-week program spans the entire school year, and weekly program sessions run 90 minutes in length, depending on the age group. Curriculum is structured around three-week modules, with each module incorporating a physical activity, such as basketball, soccer or creative movement; a health education topic, such as smart eating, body image, or drug and alcohol education; a life skills topic, such as sportswomanship, self-awareness and identity or peer pressure; and a key message that focuses on smart eating or physical activity.
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
- Assist in the instruction of the after-school and weekend programming held at multiple sites throughout the city
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication with schools/youth centers, coaches and volunteers
- Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
- Help to coordinate and chaperone regular weekend activities, bringing together all schools/sites
- Attend weekly coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
- Participate in the evaluation of the Girls in the Game Elementary program
- Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
If you are interesting in applying, please download the full Part-Time Coach job description and application instructions.