Grant Writing Intern
The Grant Writing Intern will be part of the Girls in the Game Development Team and will gain exposure working in an office setting, attending Team meetings (based on scheduling), professional communications and funder relations.
Specifically, Grant Writing interns are responsible for assisting the Grants Coordinator in the following areas:
- Prospect new funding opportunities in three markets including Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, Texas and Baltimore, Maryland
- Research topics related to girls’ health, leadership and violence prevention
- Research topics and compile statistics related specifically to each expansion market
- Draft and submit Letter of Inquires to new funding prospects
- Draft and submit Grant Proposals
- Provide staff support at Girls in the Game events including 5ks or Game Day programs as needed
- Write and submit at least one blog to Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Click here to view the Grant Writing Intern position & apply to join our team.
Part-Time Coach at Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center
Girls in the Game and the JTDC will bring healthy lifestyle programs to teens living in the JTDC. The part-time coach will act as a support staff person for the coordinator of this program. They will assist in developing and leading the programming at the center.
This position is a part-time position in our Teen Program. The coach will work for approximately 8 hours per week. The part-time JTDC coach will:
• Co-lead a sports, health and leadership program at the JTDC
• Contribute to program planning for each session
• Organize program materials and equipment
• Communicate with girls, parents/guardians and site contact
• Assist in maintaining program records in Salesforce
Click here to view the full Part-Time Coach position & apply to join our team.
Multimedia Production Marketing Intern
The Multimedia Production Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Coordinator on grassroots video production methods using mobile technology to develop snackable video content to share on social media platforms and through email campaigns as well as develop amplification methods for video content.
Girls in the Game always strives to share their mission and values in all areas of marketing, and videos will focus on their various programs and highlight participants and staff at the organization
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time Multimedia Production Marketing Intern to do the following:
- Create five short 1-3 minute videos optimized for social media
- Record interviews with current participants and staff members for marketing purposes
- Develop one longer video, 3-5 minutes, of evergreen content
Click here to see the full Multimedia Production Marketing Intern position & apply to join our team.
Part-Time Coach, Coach Across America
The coach would help support our programs by coaching at 1-3 After School sites and supporting our Teen and Game Day Programs. The coach would be compensated for 900 hours of work between August 2017 and August 2018. The coach will also receive an education stipend after their service. The coach would work with the hiring manager to determine days and hours of work. There is flexibility for the coach to work fewer hours during the school year and more hours during the summer months. The coach must be available to attend all CAA and Girls in the Game training. The coach must also be available during after-school time at least two days per week during the school year.
Girls in the Game has two part-time Coach Across America affiliated positions available, and seeks energetic, driven applicants who have experience working with youth to:
• Co-lead programming at sites throughout Chicago
• Chaperone one Saturday activity each month
• Attend bi-weekly coaches’ training meetings
• Organize program materials and equipment, and assist with other special projects as available, and
• Communicate with girls, parents/guardians and site contacts
Click here to see the full Coach Across America position & apply to join our team.
Part-Time Program Coach
Girls in the Game is seeking a part-time coach to do the following:
- Assist in the instruction of the after-school and weekend programming held at multiple sites throughout the city
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication with schools/youth centers, coaches and volunteers · Learn and lead the curriculum used for programming for up to 25 participants per site
- Help to coordinate and chaperone regular weekend activities, bringing together all schools/sites
- Attend weekly coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms
- Participate in the evaluation of the Girls in the Game Elementary program
- Organize and maintain program materials and equipment
Click here to see the full Part-Time Program Coach position & apply to join our team.
After School Intern (2017-2018)
Interns co-lead weekly programming for 25 girls on-site at a Chicago school, community center or park district. After School interns recruit program participants, engage parents/guardians and family members, and attend intensive best practices and curriculum training one to three times per year. As schedule allows, interns attend two coaches’ meetings per month, assist with enrollment and attendance recording, assist with program evaluation and chaperone occasional Saturday field trips.
Full academic year applicants are preferred, but semester long internships are available. For Fall 2017 internships, applications will be accepted until August 20th, 2017. Spring 2018 applications will be accepted until December 10th, 2017.
Click here to see the full After School Intern position & apply to join our team.