Our approach to girls’ health isn’t only unique, it’s proven. Ten years of research from Loyola University Chicago shows the impact of our programs on all parts of a girl’s life. Our girls learn to exercise, eat better, they acquire improved social skills, better self-control, perform better in the class and become healthy lifestyle ambassadors to their families and friends.
Simply put, we give girls the tools they need to succeed on and off the field.
The work of Girls in the Game has been recognized by many prestigious organizations.
- Nike Community Impact Fund (2017, 2018)
- For the Love of Sports, Gatorade (2016)
- Chicago Innovation Awards, Neighborhood Award (2016)
- Healthy Chicago Award from the Chicago Department of Public Health (2014)
- Sports Lawyers Association Philanthropy Initiative Award (2014)
- Pitch In Award from State Farm and the Chicago White Sox (2013)
- State Farm Insurance and Chicago Bulls Good Neighbor Award (2011)
- The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition Community Leadership Award (2011)
- Beyond Sport United Airlines Chicago Impact Award (2011)
- The Wallace Foundation Building on Quality Initiative (2009)
- Susan Berkowitz Outstanding Service to Youth: Health & Wellness (2009)
- Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence (2009)