At Girls in the Game every girl finds her voice, discovers her strength and leads with confidence through fun and active sports, health and leadership programs.
Girls in the Game empowers all girls to be gamechangers.
We nurture the whole girl. Our programs encourage physical and emotional health and promote active minds, bodies and hearts.
We believe in the power of girls. Our all-girl space creates an openness for girls to grow and discover their strength and leadership.
We value teamwork. Through partnerships and relationships, we will create stronger, healthier communities and a positive, cooperative environment.
We aim for equity. Operating under the belief that all girls deserve opportunities to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstances, we prioritize girls and communities that need us most.
We strive for courage. Recognizing the value in taking risks, we are gritty, brave and resourceful, resulting in better outcomes and successes.
We celebrate diversity. We are stronger as a whole team than we are as individuals and we recognize the unique contributions of all.
We aim for quality. We are thoughtful stewards, results-oriented and data-driven. Above all, we work with an ongoing awareness of the needs of girls and are tireless in our efforts to meet them.
We are vital. We boldly embrace change, respond to the needs of girls and are passionately driven towards excellence in everything we do.
While Girls in the Game originated in Chicago, we now have programs in Baltimore, Bloomington and North Texas! We are excited to bring our programs to more girls in more states, while deepening our impact in our current locations.
Research & Awards:
Our approach to girls’ health isn’t only unique, it’s proven. Ten years of research from Loyola University Chicago shows the impact of our programs on all parts of a girl’s life. Our girls learn to exercise, eat better, they acquire improved social skills, better self-control, perform better in the class and become healthy lifestyle ambassadors to their families and friends.
Simply put, we give girls the tools they need to succeed on and off the field.
The work of Girls in the Game has been recognized by many prestigious organizations.
- Nike Community Impact Fund (2017, 2018)
- For the Love of Sports, Gatorade (2016)
- Chicago Innovation Awards, Neighborhood Award (2016)
- Healthy Chicago Award from the Chicago Department of Public Health (2014)
- Sports Lawyers Association Philanthropy Initiative Award (2014)
- Pitch In Award from State Farm and the Chicago White Sox (2013)
- State Farm Insurance and Chicago Bulls Good Neighbor Award (2011)
- The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition Community Leadership Award (2011)
- Beyond Sport United Airlines Chicago Impact Award (2011)
- The Wallace Foundation Building on Quality Initiative (2009)
- Susan Berkowitz Outstanding Service to Youth: Health & Wellness (2009)
- Alford-Axelson Award for Nonprofit Managerial Excellence (2009)